Resident Evil Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil dicussion here.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

R.I.P, Resident Evil...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pyramid Hunter
Zombie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-21

R.I.P, Resident Evil... Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P, Resident Evil...   R.I.P, Resident Evil... EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 11:58 pm

I'm a big fan of the RE series, like Omega and the other person here, but now, they fucked themselves up real good.

Somehow, Capcom must've thought that turning RE into an Action game was alright. Over-the-shoulder mode? Check. Amiming your weapon wherever you want? Check. A significant decrease in scaryness, for the expense of a "fun" factor? Check.

Now, I loved RE 1-3, but when they made 4 an action-horror title, i started to dislike it. I think Capcom should straighten itself up and get back to Survival-Horror, like Silent Hill.

Speaking of SH, I think it'll be better than RE 5. They're not changing their recipe as much as the RE series.

Hate to be hatin' on the game this forum's all about, but I miss the old ones.
Back to top Go down
OMEGA
Umbrella Head Honcho
OMEGA

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P, Resident Evil...   R.I.P, Resident Evil... EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:01 am

I know you said 'Sorry to be hating' but this is a Resident Evil forum afterall.
Back to top Go down
https://resident-evil.forumotion.co.uk
Pyramid Hunter
Zombie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P, Resident Evil...   R.I.P, Resident Evil... EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:03 am

I know, Omega. But still, I had to put it out there, and when more people join, I'm sure some will feel the same way. Very Happy

I just beat RE: Remake the fifth time yesterday! XD Yay for me!
Back to top Go down
OMEGA
Umbrella Head Honcho
OMEGA

Number of posts : 165

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P, Resident Evil...   R.I.P, Resident Evil... EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:10 am

Meh. I'm sure it'll be good and congrats!
Back to top Go down
https://resident-evil.forumotion.co.uk
Kingdomheartsora
Security Team Beta
Security Team Beta
Kingdomheartsora

Number of posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P, Resident Evil...   R.I.P, Resident Evil... EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:18 am

Honestly, I thought RE was a Action, Survivor horror game, Capcom is trying to do something that'll get more people interested into the game.
Back to top Go down
SamuraiEdge1123
Zombie

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P, Resident Evil...   R.I.P, Resident Evil... EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:58 am

they did stray pretty far, yes, but RE4 had some borderline disturbing moments.

the child writhing in the sack, on the island stage, along with the regenerators was pretty damn creepy. i'm hoping they go back to at least a moderate amount of horror in this new title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lord_slosh
Kingdomheartsora
Security Team Beta
Security Team Beta
Kingdomheartsora

Number of posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P, Resident Evil...   R.I.P, Resident Evil... EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:00 am

SamuraiEdge1123 wrote:
they did stray pretty far, yes, but RE4 had some borderline disturbing moments.

the child writhing in the sack, on the island stage, along with the regenerators was pretty damn creepy. i'm hoping they go back to at least a moderate amount of horror in this new title.

That was the first time I thought it was going to be a Adults only game, but they wanted to see if they could do it, and see whether or not people liked it, it was more of a trial of new things, whether they want a scary game, or action game, apparently people chose both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P, Resident Evil...   R.I.P, Resident Evil... Empty

Back to top Go down

R.I.P, Resident Evil...
Page 1 of 1